Instrumentation and Electrical Designer, Abu Dhabi
The Neste Engineering Solutions - Abu Dhabi Branch (part of Rejlers group) operates in Abu Dhabi, UAE and deliver engineering and projects services to Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Chemical Industries mainly in UAE and other Arabian Gulf Countries.
We are now looking for Instrumentation and Electrical, Designer to execute projects and support bids in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The Instrumentation and Electrical Designer reports to Department Manager.
The Instrumentation and Electrical Designer is responsible for handling engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. In your role, you will prepare instrumentation, automation and Electrical key documents, drawings, and perform 3D model. The SPI & SP3D super user level is responsible for SPI & SPEL system setup, configuration, and day to day operation.
These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in oil & gas. He should have a desire to be at the forefront of the oil and gas sector and deliver outstanding projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledge on Field Instrumentation, Control Systems and electrical
- To assist Lead Engineers / Design Manager / Discipline Manager for the engineering design of the project.
- Ensure verification of source data, concept drawings / concepts as required.
- Prepare and ﬁnalize the engineering document deliverable register (EDDR) in coordination with all relevant department / discipline, submission date as per Client / Contract requirements.
- Preparation of all instrument & automation and electrical related design deliverables through MS-office, Smart plant tools (SPI, SP3D, SPEL), AUTOCAD, Micro-station, PDS, PDMS, Aveva, etc.
- Review of design document, drawings, etc. issued by various discipline, design subcontractor and ensure Client requirements.
- Review meetings (3D modelling)
Preferred IT Skills & Experience
- You have to work on following IAE tools to perform designing and drafting activities for Design, Execution and As-built.
- Smart Plant 3D (E&I Cable Trays & instrument Modeling, extraction of drawings) - Expertise is mandatory
- Smart Plant Instrumentation User (Armin - added value)
- SPPID (Smart Plant P&ID) will be an advantage
- SPR (Smart Plant Review)
- Smart Sketch
- PDS (E& I Cable Trays & Equipment Modeling) - Expertise is mandatory
- AutoCAD (Smart working / Macros) - Expertise is mandatory
- DIALux - (Lighting Calculations)
- Microsoft Office (Fast working / Macros / formatting) - Expertise is mandatory
- ADNOC group of companies experience
- Middle East experience
- We expect you to hold a Diploma in Electronics or Control/ Instrumentation Engineering minimum.
- 8-10 years of experience as Designer in Electrical/ Instrumentation and Automation field.
- Proficient in English language
Our work is guided by our vision: Home of the learning minds. We believe in continuous learning and development. We want to succeed both as individuals and as a company through a common goal: success through continuous learning.
Do you want to join us?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply for this position at latest by 15 December 2019.
Send your application, CV and a salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position in the subject line.
Note that we will start interviews as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
Rejlers offers versatile engineering services for customers within industrial, energy, construction and infrastructure sectors. We also provide our customers with digital service solutions by combining ICT and engineering expertise. Rejlers' expertise is available to customers as consultancy services, service products and project solutions. We have 1000 employees who work in over 20 locations in Finland and Abu Dhabi. Operations in Finland started in 1980 in Mikkeli, and our turnover in 2018 amounted to around EUR 56.2 million. We are part of the Nordic Rejlers AB, which is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm's Nordic stock exchange.