Design Engineer, Instrumentation and Automation, Abu Dhabi
The Neste Engineering Solutions - Abu Dhabi Branch (part of Rejlers group) operates in Abu Dhabi, UAE and deliver engineering and projects services to Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Chemical Industries mainly in UAE and other Arabian Gulf Countries.
We are now looking for Design Engineer, Instrumentation and Automation to execute projects and support bids in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The Design Engineer, Instrumentation and Automation reports to Department Manager.
The Design Engineer, Instrumentation and Automation is responsible for handling engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in oil & gas.
In your role, you will execute multi projects (locally and internationally) and also you are responsible to prepare instrumentation and automation engineering documents and drawings as required for project and assigned by Discipline Manager.
You should have a desire to be at the forefront of the oil and gas sector and deliver outstanding projects.
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your success. We also value people for whom safety are part of their professional skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will support the team on process industry-based project design work for smooth execution.
- To assist engineers / design manager / discipline Manager for the engineering design of the project.
- Ensure verification of source data, concept drawings / concepts as required.
- Prepare and ﬁnalize the engineering document deliverable register (EDDR) in coordination with all relevant department / discipline, submission date as per Client / Contract requirements.
- Preparation of all instrument & automation related design deliverables through MS-office, Smart plant tools (SPI), AUTOCAD, Micro-station, and calculation tools like Instrucalc, flowel, etc.
- Prepare / review the design outputs in the form of design computations, drawings and specification.
- Review of design document, drawings, etc. issued by various disciplines, design subcontractor and ensure Client’s approval.
- Responsible to ensure approval of all submitted documents and drawings and necessary coordination with Client.
- Overall responsible for inter discipline coordination, submission of necessary design documents/ deliverables and procedures to the Client.
- Participate HAZOP, SIL Study for the design has been carried out in accordance to the requirements.
- Ensure compliance to Laws and Statutory Regulations, Authority, Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Requirements for the project.
- Responsible to ensure unclear issues are resolved with Client through technical query in coordination with inter discipline leads, managers.
- In coordination with procurement department, ensure that procurement inputs required for design has been obtained from vender and forwarded to the design subcontractor.
- Participation of FAT.
- Coordinate for the preparation of as—built.
- Engineering Graduate (BSc. or MSc.)
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant engineering experience in Instrumentation and Automation competence in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Chemical Industries.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- UAE local experience is added value.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English language
- Shares the company values of team work, transparency, honesty and equality
- Meets UAE visa requirements
Our work is guided by our vision: Home of the learning minds. We believe in continuous learning and development. We want to succeed both as individuals and as a company through a common goal: success through continuous learning.
Do you want to join us?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply for this position at latest by 15 December 2019.
Send your application, CV and a salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position in the subject line.
Note that we will start interviews as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
Rejlers offers versatile engineering services for customers within industrial, energy, construction and infrastructure sectors. We also provide our customers with digital service solutions by combining ICT and engineering expertise. Rejlers' expertise is available to customers as consultancy services, service products and project solutions. We have 1000 employees who work in over 20 locations in Finland and Abu Dhabi. Operations in Finland started in 1980 in Mikkeli, and our turnover in 2018 amounted to around EUR 56.2 million. We are part of the Nordic Rejlers AB, which is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm's Nordic stock exchange.